I have a tan line... but it's not what you think.
When a tan line lasts a year... it’s now called sun damage.
Last July, my husband and I went on a mini vacation, had the time of our lives. May have had a few drinks and fell asleep at 2pm, outside, with no SPF.
(I know, I know)
A year later, with no sun (seriously) you can still see where my swimsuit was, perfectly. Now the fragile skin of my chest and décolleté is red and blotchy and the texture is rough and bumpy.
Over the next 8 weeks I will be treating my sun damage and sharing my results with you!
The products I will using on my chest and décolleté are:
Osmosis Purify Gentle Cleanser
Neova DNA Total Repair
Osmosis Hydralift Mask
Neova Glycolic 20% (2-3x per week)
I will update all of you on my progress every 2 weeks.
In the meantime, let me explain why I chose these products above
Osmosis Purify Gentle Cleanser is perfect for photo damaged skin. Purify contains bromelain, an enzymatic active ingredient derived from pineapple. This special ingredient serves as a natural exfoliate to gently lift impurities from the skin and smooth frayed, damaged edges without stripping the skin's protective lipid barrier.
Neova DNA Total Repair- to be transparent, I really wanted to see what this product can do. I already know I could use MAD Skincare Fade Gel 5 with 2% Hydroquinone and get amazing results but, I have never used Total DNA Repair before and with their clinical studies showing 96% decrease in UV spot size, area and intensity in 8 weeks or less. I am so excited to use this, so you guys can see how amazing this product is!
Neova Reveal Exfoliator Glycolic 20%- glycolic is a strong acid, but Neova has formulated their product to be gentle for even the most sensitive of skin. This is important when searching for products for the chest and décolleté since the skin on your here is much thinner and has less blood flow. Reveal exfoliator Refines skin texture and clarity and will help remove the dead skin cells and pigment.
Osmosis Hydralift Mask is a hydrating and firming mask that promotes soothing and tightening benefits for all skin types. Powerful ingredients add hydration to the skin that aid in plumping and firming. Soothing and calming Cucumber extract provides a cooling and healing effect to most irritated skins while Aloe Vera helps to speed up cell renewal by up to 8 times and quickly penetrates the epidermis for intense, immediate hydration. If you don't currently hydrate your décolleté, you should start, it is so important to keep your décolleté youthful. This mask can also be applied thinly and left on overnight, which is how I will be using it.
I am so excited to share my results, so you can see what Medical Grade Skincare can do for you!
Let me know if you have ANY questions!
It's my birthday which means I have to fight even harder to maintain youthful skin! Which sounds negative... but with the products and treatments available, I know I have this in the bag. I consistently get asked, "what products should I use for anti-aging" and for the most part, no matter your age, there a few things you should be using everyday to keep skin in a youthful state.
1. Vitamin A-
I love Vitamin A! This was the first product I ever used and saw a change in my skin and what got me hooked on skincare and understanding the science and correlation of topical medications and the effects it has on the skin. I remember it so clearly, SkinMedica's Retinol 0.25, it helped clear my acne, made my skin soft and smoothed the few lines my 26-year-old self already had! I have been hooked ever since and have graduated to more aggressive types of Vitamin A to continue to correct and protect against the aging process.
Vitamin A comes in many forms but they all work the same way. They protect the skin the stimulate the production of new skin cells and the removal of old ones, support in thickening of the dermis, this micronutrient promotes the production of elastin and collagen, both necessary for reducing wrinkles and fine lines. Vitamin A keeps the skin smooth and strong and acts as a natural exfoliator. Vitamin A is also one of two ingredients considered "anti-aging" by the FDA.
Antioxidants protects the skin from free radical damage and play a vital role in collagen production, it is also responsible for keeping skin free of wrinkles, but smooth and soft They also aid in diminishing hyperpigmentation and keeping skin strong and healthy. I never understood the effects of free radical damage until I took the time to understand what free radical are; basically, they cause the skin to age at an accelerated rate. Knowing antioxidants protect against these little devils, everyone should be packing a powerful antioxidant in their skincare regimen.
I might be kicking a dead horse here but you HAVE to use sunscreen, every day, rain or shine. Sun causes premature aging, pigment, wrinkles, sun burns, everything harmful to your delicate skin. The only thing that protects you from the negative impact of the sun on your skin is SPF. When purchasing an SPF it must be 30or higher and always reapply every 2 hours when you are out in the sun... and no SPF in makeup is not enough.
So those are my staples for young healthy skin. Up later on the blog, aesthetic treatments to keep you looking young.
Need help finding the right Vitamin A, Antioxidants Serums and SPF for you? email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will guide you to the perfect ones.
Our Picks for Vitamin A:
Osmosis Clarify (Level 2) $60
Osmosis Correct (Level 3) $78
Osmosis Renew (Level 4) $88
M.A.D Skincare Retinol1% $78
M.A.D Skincare Retinol 2% $84
Our Picks for Antioxidant Serums:
Osmosis Catalyst AC11 $130
Osmosis Replenish $80
M.A.D Skincare C4 Intensive Serum $98
iS Clinical Active Serum $135
Have more questions or need more product recommendations? We are here to help email us at email@example.com
10. Sleep, sleep and more sleep! They don't call it beauty sleep for nothing! Did you know the release of cortisol when you are stressed ages your skin and body? Sleep is the time your body lowers and regulates cortisol levels for a healthy mind and body. Cortisol also causes breakouts and acne! Get your zzz's and see the change in your appearance.
9. Struggling with hormonal breakouts? (guilty) Ditch Alcohol and Dairy during that time of the month.
8. Massage your face while cleansing and moisturizing. The increase in circulation and blood flow rich in nutrients to the area will create a fresher complexion and it will help antioxidants and peptides penetrate into the skin.
7. Use products for your specific skin type. See an aesthetician if you are unsure what your skin type is. This also goes for treatments. Such as people with active acne shouldn't get dermaplaned or microneedled.
6. Don't neglect your neck and décolleté! The skin on your neck and chest is much thinner than your face. Blood circulation is lower which means these areas don't heal as well. Don't skin SPF, antiaging products, and beauty treatments for the neck and chest.
5.Clean your makeup brushes. Better yet, use disposable beauty sponges. Anything that can harbor bacteria should have limited, if not zero, contact with your skin.
4. Apply products in the correct order. Cleanse, Tone, Treatments Products, Antioxidants/ Peptides, SPF
3. Exfoliate! With physical and chemical exfoliants', everyone can find one they love. Just remember when purchasing a chemical exfoliant the AHA should be at least 8%.
2. Wear Sunscreen. Always. (and reapply every 2 hours when you are in the sun)
1. Use a Retinol or Vitamin A. This is the only medicine proven to boost collagen, increase cell turnover and tighten and tone the skin.